THE GLOBAL LEADER IN THE MANAGEMENT OF SPENT REFINERY CATALYST CONTAINING VANADIUM
About AMG Vanadium
AMG Vanadium are the global leaders in the management and reclamation of spent refinery catalysts, along with other secondary raw materials which contain vanadium, for us to then product ferroalloys.
Throughout our rich history, AMG Vanadium LLC (AMG V) has been supplying high quality products and services for the metals, refining, and steel industries. Headquartered in Cambridge Ohio, USA. AMG V is the largest recycler of spent catalyst in the world and the largest ferrovanadium producer in North America. Learn more about AMG’s history here.
The Recycling Process
Through our proprietary roasting and pyrometallurgical process, AMG V converts spent refinery catalyst and other vanadium bearing residues into ferrovanadium (Ferovan®) and a ferronickel-molybdenum alloy (FeNiMoly®), which are marketed and sold to the carbon and stainless-steel industries.
Through this environmentally beneficial conversion of waste materials into valuable products, AMG V provides an important solution and risk mitigation for refinery partners.
AMG are proud members of Vanitec and the Vanadium Producers & Reclaimers Association (VPRA). As such, we are actively engaged in promoting the interests of the vanadium industry through these organisations.
SPENT CATALYST SERVICES
AMG Vanadium is widely acclaimed by global refineries as the industry-leading environmental solution for the management of spent catalyst. Refineries confidently turn to AMG V’s proven technology and process to mitigate their risk and liability while converting their spent catalyst into saleable goods through an environmentally beneficial process.
AMG V’s full roasting process converts the metal sulfides into oxides and neutralizes the hazardous properties of spent catalyst. Furthermore, AMG V’s pyrometallurgical operation yields no process wastewater, has the lowest overall emissions in the industry (solid waste, air, and water), and has the highest conversion to saleable products ratio in the industry.
AMG PLANT FEATURES
AMG V’s Manufacturing Plant Features:
- Two raw material containment buildings specifically designed for the storage of spent catalyst.
- Segregated inventory bins.
- Multi-layer sub-floor liner system to capture and contain any free-flowing liquids
- Dedicated rail spur with rail unloading station and covered conveyor system for unloading into the raw material storage buildings.
- Two multi-hearth roasters for sulfur and carbon removal.
- Flue-gas desulfurization unit for the capture of sulfur dioxide which converts the spent lime into a calcium sulfate and is sold for commercial application.
- Two electric arc furnaces
Support Services Offered:
- On-site laboratory with highly trained and skilled lab technicians who provide expertise in analyzing spent catalyst, residues and ashes
- Precise raw material and finished goods analysis offers refineries and steel customers confidence in AMG V’s process
- Technical expertise: AMG V’s team of metallurgical, chemical, process, electrical and mechanical engineers provide timely feedback to refinery partners
- Experienced staff offer consultation in United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations for hazardous waste and non-hazardous materials
- Flexibility of receiving: Railcars, trucks, flow bins, roll-off boxes, vacuum box containers, supersacks and drums